Mold FAQ’s –
- What is mold? Mold is a type of fungus that consists of microscopic organisms that can be found almost everywhere.
Is mold dangerous? Some types of mold are known to be dangerous to one’s health. Seek a professional opinion for specific concerns.
What causes mold? Mold needs three requirements met in order to grow: food, moisture, and time. Mold treats many building materials as food, for ex: ceiling tiles, sheetrock, and carpeting. If these or other materials are left in a moist environment, then it is likely that mold will grow.
How do I test for mold? We always recommend that a professional conduct any mold tests. Contact us and we can organize a test.
Are there different kinds of mold? There are countless species of mold. Some examples of indoor molds are Cladosporium, Penicillium, Alternaria, and Aspergillus.
How does mold spread in a building? Mold spread is unfortunately very simple and easy… Mold can be spread from something as simple as moving an object or something as subtle as being passed through the ventilation system in the building.
- Where is it most common to find mold in your home? Mold is always most common in areas that have high humidity or are regularly moist. Some examples would be, in the attic, basement, and near plumbing fixtures such as: under sinks, behind shower walls and so on…
- What are warning signs that mold might be growing? Residents reporting health problems, musty or mold odors, high humidity or moisture damage in the building, recent renovations, as well as other signs.
- Who is qualified to remove mold? Dependent on the scale of the problem you will have to hire different groups of professionals. The EPA recommends calling a professional if there is more than 10 square feet of affected space.
- Why is it important to get rid of mold? The IICRC defines the “state of normal fungal ecology” as following – “Non-water damaged, environmentally-well-maintained structures, and reflective of the ecological and climatic elements of the geographic region in which the building is located”. Anything outside of this definition can lead to structural integrity issues and health concerns.
It takes only the smallest of water leaks, or even slightly high levels of humidity in-order to start causing mold damage in your home or business. Once the process has started, mold can spread throughout your property in as short an amount of time as 48 hours. Mold is known to produce all sorts of allergens and irritants and has a high potential to create a less than sanitary living environment. If you believe your property to have an existing mold issue, or are worried that your property is at high risk of a mold issue, we here at A-Z Restorations would be more than happy to inspect and assess your situation using our highly specialized equipment and highly trained staff.
Zero Hesitation to Start Restoration
In as short a time as 48 hours, mold can be begin to spread across the entirity of your property and reveal itself to be a major problem. We here at A-Z Restorations take this concept very seriously and won’t hesitate to start assessment and remedial actions.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
Here at A-Z Restorations we specialize in water and mold damage restoration. We are well equipped with a team of highly trained and experienced professionals who are ready 24/7 to handle your restoration needs.
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We pride ourselves in staying on the cutting-edge of techniques and equipment in-order to provide our clients with the fast and efficient remedial action they need after a disaster.